Our MissionEverything we do is based on enhancing the development of the children, in a parent-involved, community-based group. To do this, we provide individual learning within a safe, nurturing environment, where each child is able to feel happy and secure. Successful personal, social and emotional development is critical for young children in all aspects of their lives and gives them the best opportunity for success in all other areas of learning. We provide our children with the lifelong skills and essential tools needed to grow and prosper in the future. The children will be treated as individuals and will be given the opportunity to develop important social skills such as co-operation, sharing and socialising with other children and adults. We believe that learning should be an enjoyable, varied experience that takes place both indoors and outdoors.
- Provide a high ratio of qualified, experienced practitioners to children, to promote individual care and attention;
- Offer the support of a personal key person to each child throughout their time at pre-school;
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum which celebrates cultures and diversity and promotes British Values enabling each child to reach their full potential;
- Provide a range of first hand experiences which promote active learning;
- Promote a high level of self esteem and confidence in children through the encouragement of independent learning;
- Offer an environment which is rich in encouragement and positive attitudes supported by Spot’s Rules and Spot’s Sticks;
- Practice and refine social skills including an awareness and understanding of others;
- Develop children’s attention and persistence to concentrate on their own learning and become reflective thinkers;
- Develop skills in relation to the seven areas of learning within the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum;
- Offer opportunities for families to be directly involved with the group and with their own child’s progress.