Early Years Practitioner
Based in Bitterne Park and St Denys, Southampton, our Ofsted compulsory and voluntary registered community pre-schools provide the best possible education and care for our children, who are at the heart of everything we do.
- Relevant NVQ level 3 Early Years qualification, as defined by the CWDC
- At least two years’ experience of working with children aged 2–5
- In-depth knowledge of the EYFS, Statutory Framework and other early years legislation
- Experience managing your own key group of children
- Adept at planning and providing a caring and stimulating environment where children play, learn and develop
- Recognition of and respect for children’s life experiences, celebrating diversity in terms of language, culture, ability, race and religion
- Adherence to safeguarding policies and procedures
- Proficiency in maintaining children’s development records and learning journeys and sharing these with parents and carers Participation in out of hours activities, including training, staff meetings, parents’ evenings and fundraising events
- NVQ Level 3 award
- Maths and English GCSE, grade A–C (desirable)
- A satisfactory enhanced DBS check (For any posts that require a DBS check, if you have lived outside the UK within the last 5 years, you will be required to provide a Certificate of Good Conduct or a police certificate from the country/countries you have resided in. Kindly note that this is at the expense of the candidate, as well as any costs involved for translating into English)
- Safeguarding and paediatric first aid
- Effective and efficient written and spoken communication
- Proactive and positive approach to behaviour management
- Excellent attendance record and time management skills
- Committed to teamwork and continuous professional development
- Allocated non-contact time
- 5.6 weeks’ paid holiday
- Workplace pension scheme
- Succession leadership opportunities
How to apply
An application form, available from email@example.com, MUST be completed. We do not accept CVs.
We judge every application solely on merit irrespective of race or ethnic origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, disability or age.
DBS and references
We require references prior to interview and the successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check as part of the job offer (For any posts that require a DBS check, if you have lived outside the UK within the last 5 years, you will be required to provide a Certificate of Good Conduct or a police certificate from the country/countries you have resided in. Kindly note that this is at the expense of the candidate, as well as any costs involved for translating into English).