Are you a fun, motivated, enthusiastic Level 3 qualified early years practitioner with a child-centred approach and lots of energy to work in a pre-school?
If so, we are hiring and would love to hear from you!
Please read on for full details of the role and how to apply …
Based in Bitterne Park and St Denys, Southampton, our Ofsted compulsory and voluntary registered community pre-schools provide the best possible education and care for our children, who are at the heart of everything we do.
- Relevant NVQ level 3 Early Years qualification, as defined by the CWDC
- At least two years’ experience of working with children aged 2–5
- In-depth knowledge of the EYFS, Statutory Framework and other early years legislation
- Experience managing your own key group of children
- Adept at planning and providing a caring and stimulating environment where children play, learn and develop
- Recognition of and respect for children’s life experiences, celebrating diversity in terms of language, culture, ability, race and religion
- Adherence to safeguarding policies and procedures
- Proficiency in maintaining children’s development records and learning journeys and sharing these with parents and carers
- Participation in out of hours activities, including training, staff meetings, parents’ evenings and fundraising events
- NVQ Level 3 award
- Maths and English GCSE, grade A–C (desirable)
- A satisfactory enhanced DBS check
- Safeguarding and paediatric first aid
- Effective and efficient written and spoken communication
- Proactive and positive approach to behaviour management
- Excellent attendance record and time management skills
- Committed to teamwork and continuous professional development
- Allocated non-contact time
- 5.6 weeks’ paid holiday
- Workplace pension scheme
- Succession leadership opportunities
How to apply:
An application form, available from email@example.com, MUST be completed. We do not accept CVs.
We judge every application solely on merit irrespective of race or ethnic origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, disability or age.
DBS and references
We require references prior to interview and the successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check as part of the job offer.
Applications close at Noon on Friday 30th April 2021
(candidates may be interviewed before the closing date and the vacancy will be removed if a job offer is made)